Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Nutella Chocolate chip cookies



It has been one heck of a week. After working five straight days in a row I have two off. Hopefully I can catch up on my baking. I know for a fact that there is mint Oreo ice cream in my future but hopefully there will also be a pie. After a crazy week like this I need some comfort and a little pampering. That's where the nutella comes in.

I love nutella. It's the perfect balance of chocolate and hazelnut and the texture is so creamy and smooth. I could eat it by the spoonful but I prefer to incorporate it into recipes. These cookies are amazing. The cinnamon is a perfect compliment to the nutella and the chocolate chips just make the cookies that much more decadent. The best way to enjoy these cookies is to spread nutella between two cookies while they're still warm.

Nutella chocolate chip cookies
Recipe: Adapted from Alpineberry
Yeild: About 24 - 30 cookies
Ingredients:
• 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
• 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp baking powder
• 1/4 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp of salt
• 7 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temp.
• 2/3 cup granulated sugar
• 1/3 cup light brown sugar
• 2/3 cup Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 large egg
• 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
• 1/4 cups chocolate chips

Directions
1. combine flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
2. Cream butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add Nutella and vanilla extract and beat until combined. add in egg beat until incorporated and then scrape down the sides.
3. Add flour mixture and mix until just incorporated. Add chocolate chips.
4. Chill for 1 hour.
5. Drop tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake at 350 for about 11 minutes until the edges look set. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then move to cooling racks.

6 comments:

  1. These are absolutely sinful and I must say a great idea. I'm new to your blog and have spent some time reading your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did. I really love your recipes and the welcoming tone of your blog. I'll be back often to see what else you've been cooking. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh thank you so much! I'd begun to feel like I was talking to a wall but you just made my day! I hope you have a great day too. I really appreciate you reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey... I just happened upon your blog. You've got a great start with your super recipes. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I'd heard about Nutella for years but had never tried it until just a few months ago. My younger son just adores it and, like you mentioned, could eat it right out of the jar by the spoonful (if I let him!). I've been keeping my eyes opened for a good cookie recipe that incorporates it and yours seems like a really good candidate. It's such a decadent ingredient, I absolutely have to bake with it soon!

    Your blog is indeed off to a beautiful start! Looks like you're having a lot of fun with it so far, yes?
    Warmly,
    Jane :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad I could give you a good recipe. I hope your son enjoys it. He might like them even better if you spread nutella between two of them while they're still warm.

    Thank you so much. I'm having a ton of fun. I always look forward to baking something new to post here.

    ReplyDelete