Wednesday, August 25, 2010

S'mores chcolate bark


I recently had a culinary epiphany. I knew that I wanted to make chocolate bark but I couldn't decide what I wanted to put in it. I thought about doing hazelnuts or cherries but nothing really seemed right. Then I was looking at recipes on My Baking Addiction one day. She had made s'mores brownies and that's when it hit me. I could totally make s'mores chocolate bark. It was probably the easiest thing I've ever made. This would make a perfect gift. You could make a big batch throw some in a glassine bag and impress all of your friends and family with your amazing candy making skills.

S'mores Chocolate Bark

6 ounces of dark chocolate
6 ounces of semi sweet chocolate
4 graham crackers broken into rough pieces
1 cup miniature marshmallows

place a sheet of parchment paper over a cookie sheet. Roughly chop the chocolate and place it in a double boiler or a glass bowl over a pot of water. Bring the water the a low boil and stir the chocolate until completely melted. pour the melted chocolate over the parchment paper in a rough rectangle. sprinkle the graham cracker pieces over the chocolate making sure to give each piece a little press. Do the same with the marshmallows and then leave the bark to set for at least two hours.

19 comments:

  1. Super... super photo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a simple but brilliant idea! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is definitely getting saved in my to-make recipe folder. Pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an amazing idea! I love your photos too. They make me really want some smores.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea!! definitely easy!
    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looooove this! I'm a sucker for non-s'mores-s'mores. I posted a feature on my column (ediblecrafts.craftgossip.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE it. I've made peppermint bark, but I think I'd enjoy this much more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks fabulous! I will certainly be trying these soon!

    - Lisa, A Pocketful of Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea! I have a feeling it would be totally addictive and I would not be able to stop munching on more :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im salivating enough to short out my laptop!!!Yummmmmmmmmmers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks Yummy! I'll definitely be making some of this for my cousin who LOVES s'mores! Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I came over from Be Different Act Normal. Great idea! It looks really fun too! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  13. I happened upon this recipe, and that is the reason I am your new follower. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do you think it would be possible to "roast" the marshmellows with a creme brulee torch?

    ReplyDelete