Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Peppermint Mocha Cookies

I have to admit I'm a coffee addict. I actually keep my coffee pot on my night stand so that I can roll over in the morning and instantly make coffee, although I mostly keep it in my room because my dad and I do not agree on what coffee should taste like.
In any case I love coffee and anything with coffee in it. It being christmas and all I decided I needed to make something festive that also had a punch of caffeine so I did what all artists do I copied an idea. So here it is a Starbucks tradition turned cookie.


Peppermint Mocha Cookies
Ingredients
1 cup butter at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups AP flour
3/4 cup Cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking powder
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 Tbs. instant espresso powder dissolved in 1 Tbs. hot tap water
3 dozen unwrapped peppermint kisses


Directions
Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy
Beat in egg and then vanilla and espresso
stir cocoa, flour and baking powder until combined and then with the mixer on low slowly add dry ingredients.
Once the dough comes together cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
Preheat oven to 350.
Once the dough has chilled dish it out in 1 tsp portions onto a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Bake for 15-18 minutes
Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately top with the kisses. 
lift the parchment paper off the sheet tray and transfer the cookies to a cooling wrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment