Sunday, January 16, 2011

hot cocoa mix


As soon as the weather turns cold I like to have a warm drink in my hand as often as possible. I don't really drink hot chocolate much because the commercial stuff is so nasty. Its so overly sweet and gets all clumpy when you try and stir it. I was really excited when my mom suggested that we should make our own hot cocoa mix and give it to people for Christmas. Mostly cause I knew I would get to drink the left overs. This stuff is great. It's not to sweet, its got lots of chocolate flavor, its smooth and creamy and there's nothing weird or scary in it. It's the perfect treat for a chilly day. It's best mixed with a fuzzy sweater and a roaring fire if you can get it.

Best-Ever Hot Cocoa Mix
(adapted form cooks country)
3 cups nonfat dry milk
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 1/2 cups Dutch-processed cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
1/4 teaspoon Salt
MIx ingredients in large bowl. Working in two batches, pulse ingredients in food processor until the white chocolate is finely ground. Store in airtight container such as a ball jar for up to 3 months. To make hot cocoa, stir 1/3 cup of this mix into 1 cup of hot milk or my personal favorite, coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment