Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Nutella French Toast

Sorry for the delayed blogging. Life got a little crazy this week. I was short on ingredients for what I originally wanted to make so I had to resort to a back up plan. However, that's probably fitting because that is how this recipe came to be in the first place.
I served as an arts and entertainment editor for my school newspaper for a year and a half and in my last year there I started a recipe column. It sort of took the place of this blog for a little while. I was trying to achieve the same goal with it that I am now with this blog, all original recipes all the time, but with a college flair. A.k.a easy cheap recipes. I was digging through the cabinets in my apartment one night looking for things that I could piece together to create a recipe for my quickly approaching dead line and I found several things that almost everyone has lying around: nutella, bread, and eggs. French toast seemed like and obvious solution and so this brain child was born. It's super easy, can be made for one or many, and most of all is
tasty. The other thing about it is that it's impressive. If you top it with whipped cream and berries and serve as breakfast in bed to your sweet heart they'll be sure to feel spoiled.

Nutella French Toast

Ingredients
8 slices of bred (wheat or white)
Nutella
4 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 Tbs. vanilla
1/2 Tbs. cinnamon

Directions
Take two slices of bread and spread each one with a layer of Nutella, how much you use is really up to you.  Make a sandwich with your two pieces of bread repeat with the rest of the bread, set aside.
Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Dip both sides of your sandwich into the egg mixtures and place in a lightly buttered pan over medium head until golden brown on both sides.
Sever with a drizzle of chocolate syrup or fresh whipped cream and sliced strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment