Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Sorry for my lack of posting this week but I've been on a bit of roller coaster ride. Last Sunday a newspaper in Florida called me for a phone interview for a reporter position. Monday they called and offered me a job. Wednesday I left to go and check out the town and the paper to see if I liked the area. After going back and forth between excitement at the thought of breaking out on my own and fear at the thought of leaving my family and loved ones and moving 12 hours away I had decided I would take the job. I came home Friday and began packing the next day. I also started trying to reach the editor of the paper to try and tell him I would accept the job, but he wasn't answering, which made me nervous. In all of our communication thus far he had always answered his phone. I finally got a hold of him yesterday only to have him tell me that the corporate office had decided they couldn't afford another writer and so I found myself back at square one, with a lot of stuff to unpack and a long list of people to tell that I wasn't moving. Needless to say I didn't find the time to bake something up for you all. I promise I will make it up to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment